Corruption Watch is looking to hire a forensic case manager.
The successful candidate will provide an administration and case management function for reports allocated to the investigations teams of Corruption Watch as part of the Reports Management environment. In addition, to perform preliminary and forensic investigations on reports received. The position includes supporting the effective allocation of case load to investigators and investigative journalists, obtaining more information on reports, preparing cases for investigations through desktop reviews, profiling of persons alleged to have been involved in corruption and assisting investigators and journalists in preparing dossiers and reports.
Qualifications and skills required:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the SAPS or in investigative research
- A detective course or forensic qualification will be an advantage
- Strong verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Forensic interviewing skills
- Database interrogation skills
- Good written communication skills
- Computer skills, including excel and MS Word
- Time management, planning and organising and attention to detail
- Analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong administration skills
The incumbent should be able to speak at least three South African languages (four would be an advantage), have good knowledge of the statutory and legislative context of Corruption Watch’s activities, particularly the PFMA, MFMA and PRECCA, and knowledge of case administration systems.
Coordinate the case load of the investigative functions of Corruption Watch including identification of reports that could lead to effective investigations, monitoring and tracking progress, reporting on status, maintaining report management system and facilitating integration between investigative units of Corruption Watch.
Prepare preliminary cases for investigations including obtaining more information, preparing profiles of alleged suspects, conducting research, preparing draft reports.
Conduct forensic investigations.
Remuneration is commensurate with experience. Corruption Watch is a grant-funded institution and the level of remuneration is dependent on available funding.
To apply please submit:
1. A covering letter motivating your application for the position
2. A detailed CV;
3. Details of three (3) contactable references (including email addresses)
To Mr Aadil Vally, Office Manager, at email: email@example.com, or fax: (011) 447 2696
CLOSING DATE: 4 March 2013
If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, you can assume your application has been unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.