Are you an energetic, self-driven, and out-of-the box thinker with excellent project management skills? Find us at Corruption Watch and join our efforts to reduce corruption in South Africa. We are developing dynamic approaches to intensify the public’s involvement in fighting corruption. You will assist with project managing the implementation of various campaigns, building partnerships and networks, developing public education material, and supporting CW’s broader communications and publicity efforts.
Qualifications and skills required
- An degree in a relevant field
- A post-graduate degree or professional project management qualification would be an advantage
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing projects that involve significant stakeholder engagement and public interaction
- Experience in managing projects within civil society organisations will be advantageous
- Experience in partnership and network building
- Experience in developing content that supports public engagement
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong report and proposal writing skills
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Group facilitation skills
- Analytic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt in a fast changing environment
You should be able to speak at least three South African languages and have good knowledge of the NGO and public sector environment in South Africa.
Project manage campaigns, identify partners, and build processes and platforms to establish strong advocacy networks; identify opportunities and work closely with external stakeholders to influence policy and practice at national, provincial, and community levels; lead the conceptualisation and production of public education materials; writing for publications and representing CW at events; support the planning of events; document progress and write reports on the campaign; contribute to evidence collation and reporting; and support other communications plans and activities.
Remuneration is commensurate with experience. Corruption Watch is a grant-funded institution and the level of remuneration is dependent on available funding.
To apply, please submit:
- A covering letter motivating your application for the position
- Portfolio of your work, if available.
- A detailed CV
- Details of three (3) contactable references (including email addresses)
To Mr Aadil Vally, Office Manager, at email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax: (011) 447 2696
Closing date: 19 April 2013