Corruption Watch seeks to appoint a Lawyer, based in Johannesburg.
The suitable candidate will be a young lawyer looking for a challenging working environment outside of traditional practice, who can combine legal practice skills with creative thinking and is able to work with other disciplines as well as independently. The person will have experience or interest in anti-corruption work, constitutional, administrative and media law.
The Lawyer will be under the supervision of the Head of the team.
- Attend meetings and participate in case discussions with members of other CW teams;
- Peruse, analyse and summarise documents;
- Engage in correspondence and drafting, including PAIA requests;
- Keep abreast of developments in the legal and policy environment;
- Conduct legal research;
- Provide company secretarial and contract vetting services and other tasks as assigned by the Head of the Legal and Policy Team.
- LLB or equivalent;
- Admission as an attorney;
- one to two years post-qualification experience;
- Litigation experience will be an advantage;
- Research experience will be an advantage;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Analytic and problem solving skills;
- Computer skills;
- Administrative and file management skills; and
- Ability to adapt in a fast changing environment.
To apply, submit a CV (five pages maximum), contact details of three referees and motivaton letter to the Head – Legal and Policy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 011 447 2696.
Closing date for applications: 14 June 2013.
Candidates from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.