Opportunity closing date:
Monday, May 19, 2014
Corruption Watch is a civil society organisation that gathers, analyses and shares information on corruption in South Africa and supports a more engaged and active civil society.
Corruption Watch, based in Johannesburg, is currently seeking to appoint an investigative journalist to work as part of the Legal and Investigations team in the identification, research, investigation, writing and follow up of exclusive stories for publication internally and externally, so that Corruption Watch meets its strategic objective of exposing corruption and corrupt behaviour and holding those who engage in such activities to account.
Key performance areas for this exciting and challenging position include :
- Story identification, research, and investigation;
- Production of online and social media content;
- Supporting legal and investigations team in other activities.
Applicants with the following attributes are encouraged to apply for this opportunity:
- A minimum of five years in investigative journalism
- A journalism diploma / degree or relevant equivalent;
- Knowledge or experience of investigative reporting;
- Ability to speak another South African language, other than English or Afrikaans, will be an advantage;
- Strong knowledge of the statutory and legislative context of Corruption Watch’s activities (specifically corruption and media law);
- Strong writing and reporting skills;
- The ability to produce high-quality written news reports in English;
- Skills in planning and organising and time management;
- The ability to take initiative, work independently and within a team, handle pressure, co-operate and collaborate;
- Candidates should possess the following attributes: Integrity, honesty, accuracy, courage, self-confidence, good teamwork and interpersonal skills.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and e-mail your application by Monday, 19 May 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org.