The Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services invites nominations from individuals, organisations, institutions and civil society for four (4) suitable persons to be appointed as members of the Information Regulator for a period of five years.
South Africa’s Information Regulator is tasked with monitoring and enforcing compliance by public and private bodies with the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act, among other duties.
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act No 4 of 2013, members of the Regulator must be South African citizens who are appropriately qualified, fit and proper persons —
• at least one of whom must be appointed on account of experience as a practising advocate or attorney or a professor of law at a university; and
• the remainder of whom must be appointed on account of any other qualifications, expertise and experience relating to the objects of the Regulator.
Nominations must contain the full name, address/email address and contact details of the person or organisation making the nomination; a signed acceptance of the nomination by the nominee; and a Curriculum Vitae (CV) providing the nominee’s:
• Full name, ID number and gender;
• Contact details including physical address, telephone / cell number and email address;
• Relevant previous experience (including relevant dates and organisations concerned); and
• Academic qualifications.
Nominations must be e-mailed to Mr Vhonani Ramaano, firstname.lastname@example.org, by no later than Monday, 30 August 2021.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr V Ramaano: 083 709 8427