Calling all Southern African land activists and anti-corruption warriors!
Exciting news! Ashoka – Southern Africa, the International Anti-Corruption Conference and Transparency International have teamed up to launch the first ChangemakerXchange in Southern Africa from 2 – 5 October in Johannesburg, South Africa.
In Africa, one in every two people needing to access land-related services is affected by corruption. This could be a bribe demanded by a housing official, a dodgy business deal that forces local communities off their land, or a fraud scheme by bogus property developers. This kind of corruption plays out in the public and private sectors and affects rural and urban citizens alike.
For young people, land-related corruption can sap entrepreneurial spirit and restrict access to employment, forcing migration to overcrowded urban centres where competition for jobs is even greater. Your innovative ideas can help us change this – apply for our ChangemakerXchange today.
Applications close at 17h00 SAST on 12 August 2016. Download and read this document which gives you all the information you need.
Your chance to change the world
We will cover the expenses for your economy travel, visa, meals, and four nights of accommodation from 2 – 5 October 2016 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
In addition to networking and project collaboration opportunities during this period, participants will receive mentoring by established social entrepreneurs, as well as international anti-corruption experts and land activists.
Furthermore, you will become part of a community that continues to develop relationships and work together long after the event.
An international panel of judges will assess each idea to come out of the summit and the participants / teams with the strongest collaboration-based submissions will get seed grants of between €1 500 and €2 000 to support the implementation of their new land-related anti-corruption project.
Any questions? Please contact Amy Badiani (email@example.com) or Nicky Rehbock (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Are you eligible?
- You need to be aged 18 – 35.
- You must live in Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
- We welcome social entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, journalists, bloggers, artists, government employees, and young changemakers from other fields with an interest in and ideas around anti-corruption. You don’t have to be an existing social entrepreneur to apply – applications are open to anyone in the specified age group from the private or public sectors, civil society or the media.
How do you apply?
- Read all information here: www.changemakerxchange.com.
- Complete this application form.
- Send the following documents to Amy (email@example.com). Include your first name and surname in the subject line. For example: “Thato Zwane: Southern Africa ChangemakerXchange supporting documents”. Use the same first name and surname that you used in your application form.
- Updated CV (if you don’t have one on your LinkedIn profile)
- Scanned birth certificate OR passport page showing your passport / identity number, date of birth and the country in which you reside.
You’re done! You’ll hear from us by Friday, 26 August!
You may be chosen to attend the next IACC in Panama
Also up for grabs is a trip to Panama from 1 – 4 December 2016 to participate in the 17th International Anti-Corruption Conference. More details about that will be announced in due course.
• ChangemakerXchange is a collaboration platform for some of the world’s most exciting young social innovators, co-created with Robert Bosch Stiftung – connecting 200 changemakers (and growing) from 50 countries all over the world!